Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I should be (fill in the blank)

Studying.  98% of the time for me, it's studying.  I should be studying, like right  now, instead I decide to write this.

Procrastination is an art that I have perfected, like, to a T.  I procrastinated grad-g-ating from college and spent an additional year and additional $10,000 to stay at school (WAR EAGLE).  Ooops, sorry that was my inner red-neck coming out.  I try to suppress her and all since I live in a posh city where we eat organic things, take public transportation, and talk about posh people things, but sometimes it's just too much.

But, I digress....

I wanted to go to med school, but blah, too much work.  Procrastinated taking the MCAT for 3 years.  Now I'm in med school and I have a test in 2 days, and ehhh who wants to read all this now?  Who wants to learn about psychiatry anyways?  Not this budding ER doctor.  If you come and see me with your psych issue, imma call upstairs and have you admitted.  Plus, I can barely even spell psychiatry  so I shouldn't be responsible for this information.

Some call my procrastination a problem (insert most amazing, anti-procrastinator, husband here), others, like me, call it being fashionably stressed out and just getting it done right at the exact moment when it cannot NOT be done anymore. You like that double negative thrown at you?  Don't let it blow your mind because it almost just blew mine.



I get my shit done, but only when it needs to get done  Like the last second that it needs to be done.  I mean, hello, I got into medical school, didn't I?  And not your med school out in po-dunk Kansas (not that there is anything wrong with that), or in the Caribbean (probably something wrong with that), but I got into a steal-all your-money-until-you-bleed private medical school (hello student loans).  I'm like, gonna be legit and stuff.  Definitely not like this doctor.



Ugh, poor guy.  RIP forevs MJ, forevs.

Peaces,

BEABT

No comments:

Post a Comment